Saturday 8 June 2013

Guest Post: Confessions of A Beauty Guru

Confessions of A Beauty Guru
The Blogger Edition



1. How many hours a week do you spend filming/writing/editing blog posts?
I’d say I spend about 10 hours a week. I try to work on my blog an hour a day, when I come home from school. On weekends, I tend to take a little more time and type up my songs and other posts that aren’t as daily as journal entries.



2. Are you a spender or a saver?
I would like to consider myself as both. I am a saver when it comes to saving up for an item I would like to splurge on. I usually don’t spend my money every time I go out shopping. I am lucky enough to say that my parents help me out with this as long as I keep my grades up.



3. When is the easiest for you to work on posts?
3:00 pm- 4:00 pm, right when I come home from school.



4. What makes being so honest on your blog comfortable for you?
I think the fact that knowing a lot of girls my age are reading my blog and can relate to it makes it really comfortable to talk about things like bullying and drama.



5.  What’s your worst makeup/hair habit?
My worst hair habit is using heat on it often! I am always curling or straightening my hair. My worst makeup habit is probably not wearing a primer.



6. What’s one quote you wish the world would live by?
“Strength doesn’t come from what you can do. It comes from overcoming the things you once thought you couldn’t.”
I think this quote says everything I believe in. I never thought I would not let someone’s words get to me, but now, I’m above them. I barely know his name!



7. How long do you spend getting ready?
About a ½ hour to an hour. Some days I don’t spend time on myself, so it can take me all of 5 minutes to get ready. But if I plan on doing my hair and putting some makeup on an hour would be a good estimate.



8. What’s your favorite blog on blogger?
Dainty Sprinkes, whom is also known as Grace.
I have an obsession with this blog. It’s amazing! She has a YouTube channel as well and she is willing to do button swaps and all of that wonderful stuff. She’s really pretty as well and she was recently featured in an article in Teen Vogue! How cool is that?



9. Who is a blogger that deserve for views/followers than they have?
Nicky! She is a blogger who blogs about many different things. She often updates her blog when something exciting in her life happens. She deserves a lot more views and followers.



Maddie is another fabulous blogger. She post book reviews, short songs, poems, updates to her life and lots of other cool stuff. You should totally check her out! She’s amazing!



10. What is one thing that you are excited about for the upcoming summer?
Flirting! Blogging! And really cute boys!



11. What’s your most awkward blogging moment?
So far, I don’t think I have one. I’m sure there will be plenty to come though once I start uploading more videos to my blog this summer. Those are going to be some awkward videos, just so you know.



12. How long does it take you to prep for a blog?
It doesn’t take me too long. If it’s just for a blog post about 5-10 minutes. I like to get a snack, a drink and put some cool music on- the music goes to whatever mood I’m in. Right now I’m listening to “Here’s To Never Growing Up” by Avril Lavigne. If it’s for a photoshoot for my blog that could take me all day! Haha!



13. What do you wear when you’re blogging?
Usually my school clothes or if it’s night time, I blog in my PJ’s. I blog whenever!



14. What are you most proud of in your life?
My school life- my teachers, my grades, my effort. I believe things happen for a reason and if you’re willing to put in the effort you’re going to get something good out of it. You get what you put it. And I’ve worked really hard this year and I’ve had some major achievements, in my opinion this year. I’ve made vice president of a club, I’ve gotten High honors every quarter, and I got an A on my math finale, an amazing recommendation for a summer activity, etc. I’m really proud of that.




And of course, I am really proud of my blog. It’s come a long way since August 31, 2012.
I’m not sure if it’s that obvious or not, but I’ve never done a guest post before. I thought a Tag Post would be the perfect kind of post since it helps you get to know me a little bit better. I hope you guys will come visit my blog sometime! You can also find me on tons of other social networking (another obsession of mine).




Email: amazingalex1313@gmail.com


Instagram: @amazingalex13


Twitter: @amazingalex13



Facebook: Amazing Alex 13 (Public Figure)


Kik: amazingalex13


Feel free to leave a comment on my blog or write in my cbox! If you have a blog I would to check it out and follow you.


Like my Facebook Page for daily updates on my blog, giveaways, shoutouts and all of that wonderful stuff. :)



Thanks for reading! Xoxo,


Amazing Alex 13




1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much, Kate! It was great doing a collab with you! Maybe we can do one again in the future! :)

    ReplyDelete