Saturday 15 August 2015

DIY: Brandy Melville Inspired Sign


Every time I walk into Brandy Melville, I find myself in love with everything in the shop. I especially love the cute signs with their fun captions. Seeing as I had nothing much to do, I decided to try my own DIY sign, inspired by the Brandy Melville signs of course.


The things you will need are:
•plank of wood (I cut mine myself)
•sponges
•masking tape
•paint of your choice
•scissors
•ruler 


The first thing I did was use the masking tape to create a border. I recommend using a ruler to keep the border even.


I then took black paint and a sponge and sponged down the paint. After I let that dry I also went over it again to make sure the colour was solid black.




I then carefully took off the masking tape once it was dry. 



After this, I took a copy book to use as a border and painted over the white paint that was already on the plank. Again, I waited for this to dry fully.


While I was waiting, I decided on the caption 'Mermaid Motel' for my sign. Once I printed it off using the font 'Arial Bold', I cut it out while remembering to keep the middle pieces of paper for letters like O.


I then placed these where I wanted on the plank and kept them in place with blu tack. I then carefully went and painted the letters using a sponge.



At first, the lettering looked a bit iffy, but now that it's in my room I absolutely love it!


I hope you enjoyed this post and I hope to see you on Wednesday, when I'll be starting my Back To School series!

Kate x

4 comments:

  1. This is such a awesome DIY! The Brandy Melville signs look really tumblr-y, it's cool that you can re-create them easily.

    www.elevatorbrain.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhhh this looks so cool Kate ! Love it :D

    ReplyDelete