Saturday 29 August 2015

BTS: Beauty Essentials

   

Today I decided that I would do a beauty essentials post for back to school! I took a slightly different approach to how I displayed my images (just for fun!) to see how I like it. 

And who knows! Perhaps I shall use this approach in future blog posts.


My first essential is that you invest in a good skin cleanser! I recently purchased 'Herbalism' from Lush due to good reviews, and trust me, they weren't wrong! This cleanser contains nettles, rosemary and almonds among other things. I've been finiding this is great for my skin as well as for taking off makeup, and I just know I'm going to be using this constantly during the school year! Expect a review to be on the way soon.


The next thing is a moisturiser. I usually take this moisturiser to school in case I get a dry patch on my face or if I have dry hands. This is a handy travel size and I also love using this when I get patches of eczema (sometimes due to stress, and we all know how stressful school can be).


Lip balms are a huge essential for me! On the left is a Kiko Kiss Balm, which I took to school last year on a regular basis. This is a nice lip balm as it gives a sheer pink colour, while also adding moisture to you lips. On the right is an intensive moisturiser from Blistex. I tend to only use this at morning and night as it is white in colour, but even lip balms such as Carmex are perfect as they save your chapped lips!



Dry shampoo is also a must, especially if you're running late and your hair is looking a tad off. I used this sporadically last year if I ever slept in and didn't have time to wash my hair (nasty).


The final thing is a powder. I realise that not everyone likes to wear makeup to school, and that is completely acceptable! But if like me, you like to wear a tiny bit, a powder is always a good start. This one from Bourjois is lovely as it has hydrating factors as well as elements that prevent shine. It is also quite compact, making it easy to take to school if needed.

I hope you enjoyed this post! Although I will be back to school next Wednesday, I still have another post that I would like to do before I'm finished with my back to school series for this year (how scary is that?). 

See you then!

Kate x




12 comments:

  1. Brilliant post :D Love the way the photos are done - it's so cool !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like how you presented the photos in this post! Also that Kiko lip balm looks an amazing colour :)

    www.elevatorbrain.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Frances :) the colour is so nice without being too much xx

      Delete
  3. Lovely post, Kate! I'm obsessed with Lush. They have such good face masks. I would highly recommend the cupcake face mask. It worked wonders for my skin. Love the way you presented your photos. Definitely going to look into that for the future. Looking forward to your next post! xx

    http://guiliannamarie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've tried Oatifix and I am OBSESSED! Cupcake looks fabulous, and thank you so much!! x

      Delete
  4. Love the way you did your photos in this post! Powder and a good primer are makeup essentials for me x


    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was thinking about trying the Herbalism cleanser, it sounds so good!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find it's already made a difference to my skin! I'll have a review coming soon xx

      Delete
  6. amazing post !!

    also I love your background/design its gawjus !!!!

    Jadiee'sLittleBlogGIVEAWAY


    Jade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much, really appreciate your comment :D

      Delete