Wednesday 26 August 2015

Back to School: Easy DIY Diary



So this year I shall be entering my final year of secondary school (woo) which means that it is going to be a year full of study and exams. Emotions and stress shall be running high, so why not document the horrificness of it all?

I saw a lot of cool, tumblr-esque note books and I really wanted to give it a try for myself!


What you will need:
  • Plain spiral notepad of your desired size
  • Glue gun or pritt stick (I used a glue gun as my glue stick went missing)
  • Tumblr-esque pictures of your choice
  • Scissors 
  • Plain white paper
I recommend that while doing this that you try to stick to a theme. If you are unfamiliar with the world of Tumblr or Instagram, then you probably wouldn't know that different blogs or accounts use different types of pictures. I chose a slightly filtered theme with darker pictures for my notepad. 

I then printed off the pictures and cut them out,

First off, I covered the notepad in white paper which I glued down using my hot glue gun.


After this, I roughly laid out where I wanted the pictures to go before I glued them.


Once I was sure where I wanted to glue down the pictures, I used my hot glue gun to secure them down. 


And voila! I transformed a relatively boring notepad into a cute notepad where I can document my thoughts and feelings during the LC!

I hope you enjoyed this post and I shall chat to you in my next post on Saturday!

Kate xx
.

6 comments:

  1. Love this DIY, Kate! I'm definitely going to use this as inspiration when decorating my school books. Looking forward to your next post as always. Keep up the amazing work! xx

    http://guiliannamarie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So so cool - Love it ! Best of luck in Sixth Year <3 skipping TY sounds worthwhile, seriously envying you getting out a year earlier !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Grace! Haha yes, I don't regret it anyway, but I might as the year goes on! x

      Delete
  3. Sure an awesome idea - I must try it out :) Loving your posts, they're very inspiring!
    Emily (http://gingerquirks.blogspot.ie/)

    ReplyDelete