Tuesday 31 December 2013

Top 13 Products of 2013

Hey huns!
So 'tis New Years Eve which means tomorrow is 2014. Uh oh...

But anywho! I decided as the last post of 2013 I would do my top 13 products of 2013.

1. Naked 2 Palette
I have used this so so much this year. It's a really handy palette as I was able to take it with me for the four times I travelled out of the country this year.

2. Collection Concealer
(sorry I can't remember the full name)
This is an amazing concealer. I've been so surprised by it and I need to repurchase it!

3.Bourjois Healthy Mix Powder
I've used this so much this year that I've nearly finished it right to the pan! I did try the MAC Mineralised Skin Finish, but that caked far too easily and made me break out after a while. I (obviously) reverted back to this WONDERFUL powder.

4. Viva la Juicy La Fleur
I love this eau de toilette so much. It smells beautiful and is really distinctive too.


5. Garden of good and Eva by Benefit
Another smelly thing. I know I've had it for ages at this stage, but its still my go to perfume everyday because its not overwhelming at all.

6. Kiko Lipstick
Bought this in October and OH MY GOD. I love the colour and the consistency It also stays on for ages. (I should probably do a review)


7. Urban Decay Naked Skin Foundation
I only bought this back in October, but its quickly turned into a favourite of mine. It's very light and very buildable. It also fits my (light) skin colour to a tee!

8. Revlon Lip Butter
Very much the same texture and consistency as the Kiko lipstick, I wore this a lot for school this year. It's non drying and has a lovely colour.

9. Real Techniques Expert Face Brush
I bought this over the summer. It works so well for blending my foundation and leaves no brush marks like my other foundation brush does. 

10. Maybelline Baby Lips in 'Cherry Me'
I was skeptical whether they would live up to the hype, but by far Cherry Me is the only one I've used on a regular basis. It gives the best colour of the lot, and moisturises well.

11. Nars blush in 'Deep Throat'
I also bought this in October in Sephora. I almost squealed when I saw the Nars stall in the shop as the only place in Ireland you can get Nars is either online or in Brown Thomas. In Dublin.
This blusher is amazing and also stays on for ages.
(I feel like I've said that a lot in this post.)

12. MAC Lipsticks
I bought my first MAC lipstick back in February which feels like absolutely ages ago. Except its not. These lipsticks don't dry my lips at all and are so pigmented. 

13. Nivea Lip Butters
(In general)
I know that people either love or hate these. I for one, love them. They don't stay on for long but are perfect as a base for lipsticks as they stop your lips drying out. I have three which are Vanilla Macedamia (pictured above), Caramel Cream & Raspberry Rosé. They also smell fantastic which is also great!

So those are my top 13 products of 2013 and I hope you enjoyed this post! 
Also, I want to wish you all a happy new year and say thank you for reading my blog and watching my videos.
Kate x

11 comments:

  1. I am yet to try any of the Naked palettes but the colours from no2 look so gorgeous! And I'd love to see a review on the Kiko lipsticks, they do sound lovely.
    Happy new year - have a good one :)

    Kathryn x
    effievanity.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The colours are really lovely! And yes, I will be doing a review on the Kiko lipsticks very soon xx

      Delete
  2. The Collection concealer is one of my favourites too! And I really want to try a mac lipstick as they sound great. x

    http://myfashionkicks.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. believe it or not, we don't own any of the naked palettes, but we have our eyes on them. Which one would you recommend we buy?

    http://mkstyleramblings.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only have the Naked 2 so I couldn't really say! Sorry! But in my opinion, I think I'd prefer the Naked 2 as it has more golds and bronzes. I really want to try the naked 3 though as well!

      Delete
  4. I really really want a Naked Palette! So badly, gutted that I don't have one!

    Great list :) Love Em x

    emtalks.co.uk
    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/3934124/emtalks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your blog, and I love this post. Naked palettes are simply the best whether its 1,2,3 or the basic :) xx

    http://cycybeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete