Wednesday 3 July 2013

KraftyKate: Tee Renovation

hey huns!
(Haven't done a Krafty Kate in ages.) 
So a few days ago I was going to throw away some tops but because thats b o r i n g I decided to renovate them instead! These are 4 tops I never wear, but after changing them, I think I might.
1. tassels 

This was a plain grey tank that was lying at the bottom of my wardrobe. 
(from Dunnes)
what I did
I cut 2-3cm wide and about 10cm upwards to create the tassel look. I did this the whole way along the bottom of the tank.
how I will wear it now
this will look good with a high waisted skirt or high waisted shorts - very festivalish too!

2. muscle tee
An old tee that I haven't worn in years. 
(from Penneys/Primark)
what I did
I used missmeghanmakeups method of using another muscle tee to act as a guide. It worked great. 
how I will wear this
with a bandeau underneath, this top is going to go with so so much! Jeans, shorts, skirts ANYTHING!

3. off the shoulder
I love the colour but never wore it - seemed too clingy.
(from New Look)
what I did
I measured out 4cm from the collar, used a marker to dot around the collar until the dots met and CHOP CHOP!
how I will wear this
this is super casual, so jeans I s'pose!

4. Crop top
You can't see it from the picture, but this top was high low. I didn't like it!
(From H&M)
what I did
I cut right underneath the nail varnish bottle thats printed on it. All though I didn't like the shape of the tee, doesn't mean I didn't like the design!
how I will wear this
this will probably look best with anything highwaisted.

Hope you enjoyed this post!
Kate x




4 comments:

  1. Love this blogpost so much :D !!!!! I'm going to look for the tshirts I've stuck in the back of the wardrobe that I hate so I can renovate them xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha thanks Grace :) its actually fun too!x

      Delete
  2. This was such an inspirational post for me to do some similar stuff with my wardrobe. Good job! Xoxo :)

    ReplyDelete