Saturday 20 July 2013

Guest Post: Amazing Alex

hey huns!
so as I am away and asked any bloggers interested if they wanted to do a guest post. This is Alex's great post, thanks Alex!
Kate x

DIY: Ombre Shorts

Hi everyone! I’m really excited to be going a guest post on Kate’s blog. I decided to a DIY post on making your own ombre shorts. Enjoy! :)

Lately, I have absolutely loved seeing this trend. I think the vintage look is adorable. I've never done a "Do It Yourself" post before, so this will be my first one. I hope it turns out okay. If I didn't explain anything to clearly, just comment below, and I'll explain it to you the best I can.




Supplies:
A pair of shorts/jeans.
Bleach
Old Container
Tooth Brush
Water
Cute Studs (Optional)



1. The first thing I did was cut the shorts, so they hit a little lower than mid-thigh.

2. I filled an old container with bleach.

3. I placed the ends of the shorts in the bleach for 2 hours.



4. I then took a toothbrush and used it to fade it a little better at the top.

5. I rinsed it off with water.

6. After I rinsed it really well, I put in the washer and then the drier.

7. I rolled the bottom of the shorts up a little.

8. (Optional) In the end, I added stars to the one side, randomly, and on the other side, I added 5 stars right under the pocket. I am completely happy with the result.



I can't wait to wear them! Let me know if you try this out! I would love to see how yours turned out!


Thanks for reading!

Xoxo,

Alex :)


5 comments:

  1. They came out literraly perfect!
    They are really cutee:D

    http://relocatewonderland.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :)

      http://allaboutamazingalex.blogspot.com

      Xoxo,

      Alex :)

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much Kate for allowing me to guest post on your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I have nominated you for the Liebster Award! please take a look on my blog for more info :) xx

    http://myfashionkicks.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/the-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete