Saturday 13 April 2013

Krafty Kate: Lace & Pearls



Hey Huns!
So the last Thursday over Easter break I went into town with my friends and she needed to get stuff for Home Ec in the fabric shop (I don't do Home Ec FO YO INFO!) and I thought I might as well see if they had any lace because it is super expensive to get on amazon between shipping etc. I bought 4 yards - more than you'd think it'd be - for 80c a yard. Total = €3.20 + happy me :) .
The following day i decided to get crafty and customise a few things, and this is the aftermath.
The first thing I did was stick pearls on a pair of cat eye sunglasses from Penneys. The left side turned out better than the right, so I have to stick some of the pearls back on.

For the light wash shorts I did a sort of triangle with the lace and stuck it on with my trusty hot glue gun. I also embellished with pearls from amazon. And now they look like this.

For the dark wash shorts I just stuck random pearls on with the front and stuck lace on one of the back pockets.


I am super happy with how they turned out and I cannot wait to wear them for summer!
Kate x

5 comments:

  1. Omigod you're so crafty I wish I had the motivation in me to do the same :O they all look amazing xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you! it took over an hour to do but it was well worth it :)x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those sunglasses are so cute x

    http://crystalcosmicchic.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pearly sunglasses are amazing! Such a fantastic idea - they look so expensive now.
    -Kate xo
    www.bleached-mort.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete