Thursday 25 September 2014

A heart to heart...

Hey Huns,
So today I am here with more of a serious post rather than the usual beauty posts that I haven't been posting.

Earlier this week, I put every single video on my YouTube channel on private. I did this through the total and utter fear of someone in my new year finding it. I know, that I shouldn't be afraid of something like this happening, but I just feel that I would be made fun of if someone found my channel and spread it about that I had one.

I also have started 5th year, and let me just say it is full on. I find myself doing my homework until after 9pm, and I have that on top of practice for grade seven piano and grade six singing. I barely have time to tweet, never mind trying to film videos! 

Don't get me wrong though, I absolutely love making videos. But I don't want to make videos if I haven't put 100% time and effort into making them look the way I want. I just feel that I can't put my all into what I want to do, which makes me sad.

So you're probably thinking at this stage, "where are you going with this?"
Basically, I'm thinking of giving up on YouTube. I haven't thought it through 100% just yet, so I may continue with it. I may also just consider taking a break and focus more on blogging, which I LOVE and haven't been doing as much lately. I plan on doing more outfit posts among other things. 

What do you think of this situation (if you could even call it that)? 

Kate 



4 comments:

  1. I understand what you mean, I kind of feel the same about my blog.
    I definitely don't think you should give up on youtube, you should always follow your dreams no matter what others think.
    - F - www.elevatorbrain.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't stop doing what you love because you're scared of what others think. At the start of Fifth Year (last year) I was so scared of what everyone would think about my blog (despite being with everyone in TY) People had a vague idea of my blog last year but everyone knows this year because of the Blog Awards and from me tweeting about it.

    It honestly isn't bad having people from school reading your blog, at first I was terrified and thought of deleting my blog so people wouldn't laugh at my opinions, thoughts and feelings. I strongly advise you to keep doing what you love (YouTube and Blogging) but don't feel forced to produce material constantly, it's Leaving Cert after all!

    It may be terrifying that people are reading what you say, and you may get stares from people in the corridor or even Facebook adds from people in your school whom you don't really know. But in truth, it's worth it. Please don't let the thoughts of others hinder your creative outlet :D x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Aveen. I really appreciate hearing point of views from people who've actually already been through things like this. I definitely won't be giving up on blogging - I love writing far too much! I may take a break from YouTube though, and try to gather my thoughts. Thanks again :D

      Delete