Tuesday 23 December 2014

The Christmas Tag


Hey huns!
So I was tagged by the lovely Jane to do the Christmas tag! I've been extremely busy lately with Christmas exams and just life in general, but I knew that as soon as I could that this would be the first post I would HAVE to do! On with the tag!

What is your favourite Christmas film?
The Santa Clause has been a favourite of mine for many, many years. It's so cheesy and cute! I also am a huge fan of The Polar Express and The Snowman.
Have you ever had a White Christmas?
We did actually, when I was younger! It was magical, and what made it even more magical was that our cat made footprints and we thought they were reindeer foot prints! I also remember having a snowball fight with my older brother and my uncle, which of course was great fun!
Where do you usually spend the holidays?
At home! We always have my granda and uncle around for dinner, which is nice. My aunts and cousins usually come over but last year, we all went to my grandas which was lovely! I hope we do that again this year also because I love having the family all together.
What is your favourite Christmas song?
I love Wizzards 'I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday'! Anything by Michael Buble is just lovely, his Christmas album is great. I also love 'O Holy Night'  and other pretty carols.

What holiday traditions are you looking forward to most this year?
I'm looking forward to spending time with family! Also, on Christmas Eve it's a tradition that my brother and I get new pyjamas from our parents, and after that we always open one present each. I also love looking at the NORAD Santa Tracker, because even though I'm past that age, it still gets me in the mood and feeling Christmassy!


Is your Christmas tree real or fake?
We used to always have a real tree, but we changed the one in our sitting room to a fake one about seven or eight years ago. Although, this year, we put a real tree in the conservatory for the lovely smell! I named him Pepe!
What is your all-time favorite holiday food/sweet treat?
My mother, if I do say so myself, is an amazing cook. She always makes BEAUTIFUL spiced beef which is my favourite on Christmas Day, (I'm getting hungry thinking about it!) and she also makes an amazing tiramisu for dessert.


Be honest: do you like giving gifts or receiving gifts better?
I love shopping and giving gifts. I always feel as if the effort and hard work you put into buying or making that gift for someone is all worth it when you give it to them. I especially love buying for my Mam (no harm to my brother or dad, but man are they difficult to buy for!), because I always try to surprise her with something totally different every year! And I always know that she is greatly appreciative of them, which gives me that lovely warm fuzzy feeling. I'm not gonna lie, I do love getting gifts, and to choose between them is definitely a tough question!


What is the best Christmas gift you’ve ever received?
Hmmmm... this is a tough one! I love all the gifts I get every year, but last year, my parents replaced a charm bracelet which I had sadly lost. I wear that bracelet as much as I can because I just know that it will have great sentimental value in the future!
What would be your dream place to visit for the holiday season?
Call me cliché, but I have to say New York. I have never been to New York, but it's on my bucket list to go there at Christmas! The lights look fantastic, and Christmas seems to be so OTT, which is any Christmas lovers dream!

Are you a pro-present wrapper, or do you fail miserably?
I'd like to think that I am not a pro, but more intermediate! I can be pretty decent at wrapping presents, but I always tend to miscalculate the amount of wrapping paper I'll need... oops!
Most memorable holiday moment?
I don't think I could honestly choose one! Although, when I was about seven years old I couldn't sleep because I was so excited, and this then kept all of my family up all night. I laugh at it now, but I'd say my parents weren't too impressed at the time!

What made you realise the truth about Santa?
 Santa was real though?? He was that dude who went around putting coins in peoples socks! And also, he is real in the hearts of millions of children around the world.

Do you make New Years resolutions? Do you stick to them?
I don't usually, but this year I have! 

What makes the holidays special for you?
The fact that my family are all at home, even if it is for a short period of time. Both of my parents work and my brother is at uni, so I spend a lot of time with the dogs! I can't wait to sit down and spend time with my family.

This was a fun post to do! I won't tag anyone, because I'd say everyone has probably done it at this stage :P 
I hope you enjoyed this post, and I'll *hopefully* be back with a Christmas Eve OOTD tomorrow!
Kate








No comments:

Post a Comment