Tuesday 5 July 2016

Summer Playlist


As of the Tuesday when I posted my summer bucketlist, I decided that Tuesday is going to be my posting day for the rest of the summer, here's to hoping that I stick with it!

Today I am discussing all things music for my summertime playlist. Music has a great power, as for me it always becomes associated with memories. Like, for example, the song Bailando by Enrique Iglesias will forever be associated with my time in Spain last year (along with Vamos a la Playa). So let's see what I'm listening to!

Anti by Rihanna
I LOVE THIS ALBUM WITH MY WHOLE SOUL. 
This came out in January, so it's not necessarly a summer album, but I've been listening to it non-stop so I just know it's a non mover on my playlist. Desperado is probably one of my favs, along with Goodnight Gotham and her cover of Tame Impala's New Person Same Old Mistakes.


Lemonade by Beyoncé
If you haven't listened to this album, I highly recommend that you do, even if you're not a fan of Beyoncé. This album is so different to any of Beyoncé's previous material, and is just AMAZING. The fact that I'm getting to see her live this Saturday is so exciting and I really hope she plays some of the new songs!

Tame Impala
For some reason, I always wind up listening to this band! I especially love their songs New Person, Same Old Mistakes, Let it Happen and It Feels Like We Only Go Backwards.


Drake
Drake's songs have slowly but surely been making their way onto my playlists on my phone and on Spotify, and his album Views is well worth a listen. I think we can all admit that we can't help but dance to One Dance, and I definitely can say that it will be a solid reminder of summer 2016.

Grimes
Super late jumping on this bandwagon, but anywho! I've heard a lot about Grimes before, but never got around to listening to her until I was watching the Glasto performances with my parents. Kill V. Maim is a personal favourite.


I hope you enjoyed this post and I'll see you next Tuesday!
Kate x


No comments:

Post a Comment