Monday 4 May 2015

Tumblr Inspired Room

Hey huns!
This is a well over due post, but today I am here with my attempt at decorating my room to make it seem tumblr-ish!

Over Easter, my room was stripped of its baby and hot pink walls, the princess wall border (lol) and instead was painted with fresh grey and pink paint. It's honestly made a huge difference to my room. It's brighter and is a lot more grown up!

(Excuse the mess on the dresser)

This was a before picture of a corner of my room. Obviously very bland!


This is my room after!


First thing I did was put up some pictures. I used some normal string and blue tack to stick up the pictures. I obviously took inspiration from Tumblr!


I decided to put my old nightstand back into my room again, seeing as I needed somewhere to put water etc. Behind it, I put up a few extra Polaroids (got them from Polagram if you're wondering) and it actually breaks up the colour on the wall. 
I am actually hoping to get a lot more photos printed and to actually fill up the whole entire wall. With the rate I am taking pictures, that won't be too far away!


Obviously, I stuck up some fairy lights! The daisy ones are really cute and all of the lights are battery powered LED's from Penneys, and they're safe as they don't heat up like plug in lights.

So I hope you enjoyed this post! I apologise for the lack of posts, but life has been extremely busy due to exams! In a few weeks I'll hopefully be back on a posting schedule, due to the fact that I'll be on my summer holidays! Yay!

Chat to you in my next blogpost!
Kate





6 comments:

  1. Your room looks so lovely, the lights around your bed are so cute! I think I might have to take a trips to pennys :)
    luxuryand-fashion.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Penneys is great for homeware at the minute!

      Delete
  2. Such a cute room re-vamp! I love the polaroid decorations, very tumblr-esque :)

    www.elevatorbrain.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute room! So very Tumblr like! Adorbs blog! :)
    -Jenna <3
    Check out and follow! The Chic Cupcake

    ReplyDelete